Chain type operator provides CYL4® locking for awning windows. Suitable for aluminium or timber awning windows with butt or hook hinges or non friction stays.
Available Keyed Alike for one key convenience with all door and window locks that use a 5 pin C4 key.
Features of the CYL4® Push to Lock Chainwinder
- CYL4® One Key Security - Can be matched to most door locks for one key convenience
- Suits aluminium or timber awning windows with butt or hook hinges, or non friction stays
- Smooth operation
- Through flyscreen operation
- Push button to lock, key to unlock
- Less than 1 mm between locking points
- Maximum opening 300 mm, 19 handle turns to fully open
- Can be wound closed when locked
- Retrofits existing MK7 and MK8 Whitco chainwinder models
- Foldable knob in handle reduces width preventing damage and interference with blinds
- Zinc diecast body and mechanism, Passivated Zinc steel base plate and Passivated Zinc steel chain
- Corrosion resistant version available with stainless steel chain and stainless steel base plate
- Retail pack has printed instructions on sealed poly bag, opening restriction clip, standard and one-way fixing screws and sash security fixing brackets
- Exceeds the requirements of Australian window lock standard AS4145.3 - 2001 level DW2SW2K1
- The chain can be restricted to either 100mm or 150mm opening length via fitment of a restrictor clip to the chain. The fitment of the restrictor clip assists the window to comply with Building Code Australia requirements D2.24 Protection of Operable Windows
- Available in retail and trade packs
CYL4 One Key Security
Use one key for all door and window locks. It’s that easy!
ASSA ABLOY’s patented CYL4® technology allows door and window locks to be keyed alike and operated by just one C4 door key.
Entrance doors, laundry doors, patio doors, patio bolts, window locks, screen doors and even padlocks for sheds and gates will all work with one key, providing customers with a convenient home locking solution.
CYL4® is a patented innovation that allows ASSA ABLOY window locks and patio bolts to be keyed to door locks that use the most common key type (C4), thus providing customers with the added convenience of having to use only one key around the home.
|The ASSA ABLOY Key Gauge, provided in the CYL4® Keying Kit, allows fast and accurate determination of the key code.|
|The patented CYL4® cylinder has been designed to retain its wafers when the key is removed. This makes re-keying the CYL4™ cylinder quick and easy for retailers and locksmiths alike.|
|There are 10 CYL4® wafers numbered 0-9, that cover the 10 depths of a C4 key. Six wafers are arranged in pairs to match the first 3 cuts of the customer’s key.|
|Using the CYL4® Keying Kit, you can re-key any ASSA ABLOY CYL4® window lock or patio bolt to the customer’s C4 key in just a few minutes. EASY!|
Most Australian door locks are operated by a C4 key. Traditional window locks are incompatible with a C4 key. Therefore home owners are required to carry at least one key for their door locks, and a different key (or keys) for their window locks.
The introduction of ASSA ABLOY’s unique CYL4® technology has revolutionised home locking security. Our new high security window lock and patio bolt ranges incorporate the patented CYL4® cylinder which is quickly and easily keyed alike to your customer’s 5 pin C4 door key.
*Note: CYL4® Cylinder Chainwinders are not available in Bright Gold, Satin Chrome or Bright Chrome finish.
Non Standard Finishes
Other polyester powder coat finishes available on application.