- Built-in Bluetooth® wireless technology, allowing the use of smart devices
- Three Bluetooth® range options – token, touch-to-enter and long range
- Externally rated, IK10 and IP67
- Capacitive wake up and low power sleep mode
- Reads Paxton, MIFARE®, HID™ Prox, EM, FeliCa, NFC and DESFire token technology
- Secure encrypted RS485 communication with Paxton10 controller
About – The Paxton10 Slimline Reader combines multi-format technology with compact design (48mm width mullion mount) to perfectly complement the Paxton10 system.
The slimline reader is equipped with multi-format reading technology designed to simultaneously read the most common types of cards and tokens, including Paxton, EM, MIFARE® DESFIRE® CSN, HID® Prox 125kHz, FeliCa and NFC.
Installation – The reader wires are colour coded and can be connected colour for colour to a Paxton10 Door or Video controller. Avoid mounting on metal surfaces or near other proximity readers as this may affect the read range. The cable exits centrally from the back of the reader making drilling and mounting very accurate.
The reader is supplied with 5 metres of cable and can be extended using Belden 8723 cable.
Operation – A token is read by holding it within close proximity of the reader. Once a token has been read the control unit looks up the access permissions of that user. Access is then granted or denied as appropriate.
The reader also supports three Bluetooth® operating modes for use with smart credentials – token, touch-to-enter and long range.