ASSA ABLOY’s Lockwood CORTEX™ is leading the evolution of Digital Door Locks. CORTEX™ is a commercial grade Digital Lockset that offers a standalone electronic access solution that can also be easily integrated to existing systems. Innovative locking coupled with the durability and quality that is synonymous with the Lockwood brand, certifies Cortex as the premium choice for intelligent locking.
Moreover, CORTEX™ is the first Australian digital lockset to be fire rated for 530 latch and Lockwood mortice variants and always has free egress from the inside. The Lockwood CORTEX™ features ultra-smooth lever action provided by the ergonomic Lever: 77A. Compliant with AS1428.1-2009 (Disabled accessible complaint levers); CORTEX™ has undergone severe vandal testing and has a strength rating of up to SL8.
CORTEX™ is powered by a fast, yet ultra-low power ARM CORTEX-M3 core processor. Compared to other digital locks on the market, CORTEX™ offers a 20 per cent reduction in standby power consumption and 50 per cent reduction on operational usage. One set of batteries may give you up to 40,000 operations using the key card entry method. The ultra-durable touch screen is embedded with touch sensors giving you real-time feedback in the form of subtle audible tones. These capacitive touch buttons have no moving parts so they can’t wear to reveal your secret PIN. Underneath each button is an ultra-bright LED, ideal for high and low light conditions. And finally on top of all this, lies a highly sensitive card reader for the users that prefer a fast access method- with a high security key card credential. The card reader functions on the high security iClass card format or the ever popular Mifare format. Cortex Functions The Lockwood CORTEX™ has been engineered for ease of use without compromising on the level of security provided. The unit’s advanced features include various levels of security from basic PIN code entry to advanced Dual (PIN + card) entry for ultra-high security applications. The lock function can be as basic or advanced as you need, if you need a simple one code entry it can be setup within 15 seconds. However if you wanted to program multiple users with different codes or allow a temporary visitor to enter, then the easy to follow, instructions will guide you through it. In addition, CORTEX™ is programmable so that the lock can remain locked or unlocked for any given specified date or period of time (as decided by you). The Lockwood CORTEX™ is available in a range of form factors; Including the popular 530 Latch option (non key override) and 60mm and 30mm backset variants. You may also use the 530 version on a Mortice lockset and not use the override cylinder feature (Mortice accessory pack is required).
Features & Specifications:
• Easy Mode or Advance Mode function
• Up to 40,000 operations battery life (Card)
• Add/delete individual users with Master Code
• 40 Card users and 20 PIN Code users
• Cryptic Code function
• Lockset includes 2 Access Cards (can add up to 40)
• Dual Security Credential requires that two users are present to unlock the door. One user will have PIN Code and the other user will have the Card
• Delayed Unlocked State allows the user extra time to open the door - ideal for elderly or disabled
• Time & Date function allows preference for various Time & Date based features. This has full calendar support including leap year etc.
• Visitor Code allows a PIN Code to be programmed for a certain date period
• One Time PIN is designed to be used once and then automatically expires
• Smart Battery Check function; allows users to check the battery level and ignores the false recovery condition of the batteries. This allows the user to accurately determine when a battery replacement is needed.
• Dual Card format allows compatibility of 90% of the world’s access control systems. If your existing access control uses Mifare or iClass it can be programmed into CORTEX™ with no effect to your existing system
• Passage Mode allows the users to toggle between standard and passage mode as required
• Timed Passage Mode allows users to keep door unlocked or locked for certain parts of the day